Sony Open Sourced Level Editor
Sony have Open Sourced Level Editor. The code is written in C#, currently it only available for Windows.
The LevelEditor is a software tool used to design levels (maps, campaigns, and virtual worlds) for a video game. A level editor is used by a game designer.
The standalone LevelEditor is a fully functional modern level editor. Using the LevelEditor, you can design a game world for any video game engine. You can create and lay out terrain, place static game objects in the world (such as rocks, plants, street lights, or buildings), place light sources for game objects, and place Linears for dynamic game objects.
The LevelEditor leverages the Authoring Tools Framework and C# for user interface and data management, and leverages the power of C++ and Microsoft® DirectX® 11 for 3D rendering.
The following LevelEditor features help you construct game levels efficiently and collaboratively:
- Work with a variety of file formats
- Associate assets with game objects
- Position, rotate, scale, and snap game objects precisely
- Edit game object properties
- Show or hide groups of game objects to unclutter the view as you work
- Construct Linears (lines and curves)
You can get source code for Level Editor from
Find more information on Sony Level Editor on Wiki